Bagel Shop's Customers Surprise Their Favorite Employee with an Incredible Christmas Present



Christmas came early Monday for one employee at a Raleigh bagel shop.

Shirley Ratliff, 44, is a longtime employee at Bruegger's Bagels at Harvest Plaza on Strickland Road. And she has developed quite a following there.

But she didn't have a car, so 20 of her customers pitched in and brought her a 1992 Buick LeSabre for Christmas.

They even covered tax and insurance.

"She had been riding the bus for years and years and years and I know she was looking for a car," Dr. David Burton said. "So she had a health issue that kind of set her back and I decided to try to fix that problem for her."

"I had been wanting a car but I couldn't afford a car and I told the doctor when he asked me, I said, 'I can't afford it,' " Ratliff said Monday. "God is good! God is good!"

Ratliff has worked at Bruegger's since 2006.

0/Post a Comment/Comments

Previous Post Next Post